EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EQ): The ability to understand one’s own and other people’s emotions in the decision-making process is critical in facilitating high levels of collaboration and productivity and achieving superior performance in the workplace.
With rapidly changing conditions in the business world, individuals with high emotional intelligence (EQ) have greater mental health, exemplary job performance, and strong leadership skill.
TTI Success Insights’ assessments measuring EQ examine five key areas as they pertain to intrapersonal and interpersonal relations:
• Self awareness: Understanding one’s moods, emotions, and drives, as well as
their effect on others
• Self regulation: Ability to control or redirect disruptive impulses and moods;
also to think before acting
• Motivation: Passion to work for reasons beyond money or status; pursuit of
goals with energy and persistence
• Empathy: Ability to understand the emotional makeup of other people
• Social skills: Proficiency in managing relationships and building networks.